Monday, May 9, 2011

My first birthday in Japan and my last days in Setana…

Hi everyone from South Korea!!!

Soon I will tell you about how and why I ended in this country, now I’d like to share a small post about my last days in Setana with my voluntary work project…

After coming back from my second visit to Hakodate there where just a few days left in Setana. This time seemed normal, I continued my work at the farm and also I helped my host family in building a new room in the house… 

Room under construction... Sabina, Mami and Nonaka-San my host father... Nailing... Room in progress… Nonaka-San, Mami, Sabina and Rei-San...

This days I had an excellent visit: Mami and Sabina whom came from Hakodate to spend some time with us and something very important, their presence in my birthday :) A couple of places we visited together..

Setana's Port... At a friend's farm... Excellent view...

My first birthday in Asia was excellent! After working almost all day, I took a shower and my family prepared a very special dinner, sushi, salad, chicken etc… Everything was super delicious!

It was one of my best birthdays, is very special when you feel so accepted in a place so far from home and Nobunari-San (my host father) gave me a book about something very important for me… A book about Bushido (the philosophical way of Samurai). Rei-San (my host mother) cooked a very delicious cake and Sabina and Mami also cooked  special cakes for me :D It was great!!! In the first photo here, the presents, just the book is missing…

Birthday gifts... My birthday (Sabina took the picture)...

This was on April 12 and 2 days after I returned to Tokyo… The last day was sad, during my time here I made a strong relationship with my host family, my work and the place where I lived… Saying goodbye to them was hard, I had one of the most important experiences of my life together with this family. Even though Setana was a lonely place it really helped me to think about some very important things in my life and my family was always there for me… They where always very very kind, we had very interesting conversations, shared points of view and I learned a lot from them…  I trained Karate for the first time in Japan together with my father and this has a very special meaning for me, I have unique memories from this place… Because of this, saying goodbye was difficult, I’m not sure if we will meet again, but these family will always be with me…

Setana changed my life… One of the last photos I took was this one (the room where I stayed) and I wanted to share it with you…

Special place...

A hug from South Korea!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment